FSNotes is modern notes manager for macOS and iOS.
- Markdown-first. Also supports plaintext and RTF files.
- Fast and lightweight. Works smoothly with 10k+ files.
- Access anywhere. Sync with iCloud Drive or Dropbox.
- Multi-folder storage.
- Keyboard-centric. nvalt-inspired controls and shortcuts.
- Syntax highlighting within code blocks. Supports over 170 programming languages.
- In-line image support.
- Organize with tags.
- Cross-note links using
- Elastic two-pane view. Choose a vertical or horizontal layout.
- External editor support (changes seamless live sync with UI).
- Pin important notes.
- Quickly copy notes to the clipboard.
- Dark mode.
- Lock sensitive notes with AES-256 encryption.
- Mermaid and MathJax support.
- Optional Git versioning and backups.
FSNotes is an open source project and is provided for free, but you can support development by buying application in Mac App Store for symbolic price.
No subscriptions ever.
Install using Homebrew:
brew cask install fsnotes
Desktop and Mobile Apps
Supports the TextBundle Format
Edit with TouchBar
Edit faster with virtual buttons on your TouchBar
Lock notes with TouchID
Encrypt and decrypt sensitive notes with one touch
Balanced, polished dark theme
Optional Git versioning and backups
- Sync via iCloud Drive.
- 3D Touch and configurable keyboard.
- TextBundle and EncryptedTextBundle containers.
- Pinned notes kept in sync with the desktop app.
- Dynamic fonts (iOS 11+).
- Night mode by location or screen brightness.
- Sharing extension.
- Encrypted note support.
Thanks to all FSNotes contributors who helped me, especially @jeff-h, @gingerbeardman, @baranpirincal, @peavine, @buddax2, Michael Barzmann for Deutsch translation,
aonez for Spanish.
Please feel free to send feedback and questions by email to [email protected]